Monday, May 7, 2012

Bristal Worm








Sammy-Doddle had here first grade play! She came home about a month ago and said she needed me to make a costume for her. I was excited because I knew she was. So I picked up the piece of paper and read over it. She was going to be a bristal worm. Well, that ended the excitement and she started to cry, big tears of, "I'm a worm! That's disgusting! Alexs is little Miss Muffet! She gets to wear a cute dress! I'm a worm! I'm not going to do it! I can't believe I'm a worm!" She went down in her room and pouted all night. I am probably a bad mother and just let her pout. The next day I read what the costume was "supposed" to look like. It wanted me to buy some around foam balls and spray pain them red and put her in red sweats. I started to laugh and she started to cry . . . yet again. In her defence I wouldn't have ever made my daughter wear red spray paint foam around her head and I wasn't about to spend good money on red sweats that I would never expect her to wear again, EVER! SO I came up with a few ideas because while I might be a busy mother I am certainly not too busy nor too lame to not be able to come up with something better than that. A trip to Grand Junction and $8 latter. Here is her cute costume!!! She loved it, and was happy, and what makes Sam happy makes me happy. Well, most of the time anyway.


2 comments:

thepowerfamily said...

I can just picture Sam being so mad about being a worm. What a good mom you are and she looks so cute!

Gina said...

That is the cutest Bristal worm I've ever seen! Everyone knows that only the loser Bristol worms wear sweat pants - all the cool kids wear leggings!