As if getting influenza during the summer wasn't enough. Now we have pneumonia, well, our dog anyway. Our poor Nifty is extremely sick. I am not a fan of animals in my house, but I welcomed Nifty in after his visit to the vet on Monday . . . after Steven had given him a bath. We knew he was sick. He wasn't eating his food and for being such a happy go lucky dog, Nifty wouldn't even wag his tail all last week. We knew something was the mater. He got in a brawl with a porky-pin the other week and Steven thought that maybe he had swallowed a quill and he probably did because the vet is pretty sure one of his lungs was punctured. But the quill was no where to be found thank goodness. I do draw the line at operating on animals!! Nonetheless he did have a bad case of pneumonia, which is why the vet suggested we needed to keep him inside . . . with a humidifier . . . and well drugged with an industrail size bottle of anti-biotics.
Nifty has been hanging out in our room since yesterday. Last night Steven was at a ball game and I felt so bad for him I tried to get him to come up on the bed with me so I could just pet him, but there is no way he can jump and when I tried to lift him he whinced from the pain of his chest. So I just moved his bed right by ours.
I could tell he was a little better this morning because he came into the kitchen waggin his tail a bit and drank a little chicken brooth that I warmed in a bowl for him. We all hope you feel better soon Nifty!! Until then you are more than welcome to hang out in the Simon's Animal Hospital!!!
2 comments:
I love that your dog is named Nifty! So cute! Hope he gets feeling better.
I've been trying to email you contact info. for Karen and Nate, but it says your email account won't accept my emails...I didn't know that I was on the shunned list. Do you have another email account I can send it to, or maybe you email me and I'll reply back.
Post a Comment