Benjamin Latimer Simons 09/20/09
Ben turned three today! He is such a handsome boy! We love him and all the boyness he bring to our home! A few month's ago I bought Day Out with Thomas tickets in Golden, Colorado for the Saturday before Ben's birthday. I was so excited because Ben loves trains. I got the idea from my friend's blog (thanks Sara!). Once I map quest from my house to Golden I realized it was a three hour drive, which I thought might be the case. So since Marin didn't have school on Friday, Thursday we headed to Denver. We stayed at my good friend Becca's house. She would actually be the reason that this "Day" out with Thomas turned into a three day extravaganza of her and me having way too much fun and fitting in every possible activity for ourselves and our children. I got to her house on Thursday night where we RACED to the temple and actually made the last session in Denver. I just love going to the temple with her. Becca and I have known each other since birth, yes, really birth, and she really such a wonderful friend.
Friday, I took the kids to the Children's Museum in Denver and met my friend Audra there. We spent a lovely five and half hours of letting our children play while we chatted away. It was great, oh ya and the kids had a blast too!!
The Veterinarian Clinic (Always a favorite)!
I probably don't need to tell you where Ben was.

The Painting Place. So great!
We had such a good time at Becca's I am already thinking about when to go "play" with my childhood friend again!! THANKS BECCA!!
Day out With Thomas at the Colorado Railroad Museum!!

This is really one of the funnest places I have ever taken my children. It was a little stressful to find, because I knew it was going to be on the "wrong side of the tracks" part of town or just he industrial part I was not familiar with and it was. I got lost on one of the four interstate exchanges I had to make! But, for those of you who have boys or girls for that matter it is a must see, I would give it five stars and totally recommend it!! I would really say that the "Thomas" theme was only 25% of the day. The rest of the day is just TRAINS, TRAINS, TRAINS. Trains you can ride on, trains you can climb on, play around, push and pull on the round table (yes all my children pulled a 65 ton engine on the round table so cool!), little trains to drive, ride, and crash. They got a tour of the the real round house, which I think I enjoyed more then my children. Not only that but . . . the petting zoo was there, the Denver Fire Department was there with a fire truck to climb on, dress up as and were giving away toy fire hats, they had a huge tent with toy train tables in them that we had to take Ben away from kicking and screaming! They had Thomas sing along, story time, and sticker house! We had so much fun!! Well worth the money! They were advertising "Christmas" at the Railroad Museum, and I dare say we all want to go back for it!!

Our turn on the train ride, they came along and stamped every one's ticket!

The model train collection. We had to pull Ben away!
One of the dozens of trains to play on. It was like the railroad grave yard!!

Ben's birthday was actually today, Sunday. Last night Marin and I stayed up and wrapped his presents and set out this train set for him. I bought it on craigs list, so it didn't actually come together as a set and we had to figure out how to make it all connect! It took us and good hour. Marin had a great idea to make a Helipad for Harold the helicopter. We made one on top of the round house with some left over black pool cover (Good thinking Marin!!)
And to follow in last year's foot steps the five sentences that sum up Ben!!
5. Ben please put your cloths back on!
4. No more ketchup Ben.
3. Mommy, where are my shoes??????
2. Oh, sorry mommy, I didn't mean to. (While lifting his hand, shaking his head and having no idea what this sentence means.)
1. Ben please put your trains away!
5 comments:
soooooo cute, what a great idea for a birthday. You got some great pictures of your kids. How fun, I love to take my kids new places, they always have a blast.
p.s. craigslist is one of my favorites!!!
9/20 is the best day ever to have a birthday! Looks like a great party!
9/20 birthdays rock! You planned such a fun birthday for him!
I had so much fun too! It was so good to see you. I'm glad that the trains were a blast. Let me know when you come out again.
Such a cute post and quite an awesome birthday bash. Here's to the super Mom and amazing friend ASHLEE!
You are welcome anytime!
Post a Comment