In the past two weeks we have been swimming more times then I care to count! For over a decade I have been pretty much without a tan and now the lines are beginning to appear. But who doesn't like the sun in the summer? We had swim lessons, me included in a mom and tot class with Ben, swimming at Grandma Simon's', swimming at Payson pool, swimming for play group, swimming for Pioneer Day and a few times I just took the kids back to the pool after lessons since we were all ready to go! All in all we have been swimming like 13 times in two weeks! I have to say part of me was so glad not to have to go to the pool this morning, but the girls where crying!
Swimming and a BBQ at Grandma's for Pioneer day with friends and cousins!!
This pretty much sums up how Marin felt about swimming so many times!
Samantha probably made the biggest improvement in swimming! Go Sammy!
And Ben just loved the water and wanted to swim like his big sisters! He made major strides as well!
Funny Ben Story!
The other day I was at the pool with my friend Stephanie and her daughter.We were having such a great time. Ben is such the little swimming since our mom and tot swim class! The pool called a brake time which means everyone has to get out of the pool. Needless to say the kids where sad, but we went and laid out for a while and ate some cookies. Well, here come the life guards with a net to fish something out of the pool. Yes, well I really don't need to tell you what I thought it was, but then I asked Steph and she said she thought they were just looking to see if someone had confused the pool with a bathroom. Well then the life guard starts throwing it over the fence (mind you there is a walk way there with some grass. ) So, I say to Stephanie, "Oh, well it can't be that, because they wouldn't be throwing it over the fence . . . where people walk." My friend Steph starts to laugh and says, "There is something seriously wrong with this scenario." "I start to laugh and say, "Oh my gosh!" Because she was totally right. This was what we thought it was and these teenagers where throwing it over the fence right between our lounge chairs on to a walk way!! Well a few minutes pass and we are still laugh when Ben walks up in between us and I stop laughing. I grab Ben and look in his swim diaper and ask, very quietly truly not knowing the answer, "Ben did you poop in the pool?" He is eating a cookie and he looks at me and says, "Yes mommy. I poop in the pool. I did it." very matter of factly. Well Steph and I just started laughing, me out of totally embarrassment!! Steph was on her way out needless to say we followed her!!!
The other day I was at the pool with my friend Stephanie and her daughter.We were having such a great time. Ben is such the little swimming since our mom and tot swim class! The pool called a brake time which means everyone has to get out of the pool. Needless to say the kids where sad, but we went and laid out for a while and ate some cookies. Well, here come the life guards with a net to fish something out of the pool. Yes, well I really don't need to tell you what I thought it was, but then I asked Steph and she said she thought they were just looking to see if someone had confused the pool with a bathroom. Well then the life guard starts throwing it over the fence (mind you there is a walk way there with some grass. ) So, I say to Stephanie, "Oh, well it can't be that, because they wouldn't be throwing it over the fence . . . where people walk." My friend Steph starts to laugh and says, "There is something seriously wrong with this scenario." "I start to laugh and say, "Oh my gosh!" Because she was totally right. This was what we thought it was and these teenagers where throwing it over the fence right between our lounge chairs on to a walk way!! Well a few minutes pass and we are still laugh when Ben walks up in between us and I stop laughing. I grab Ben and look in his swim diaper and ask, very quietly truly not knowing the answer, "Ben did you poop in the pool?" He is eating a cookie and he looks at me and says, "Yes mommy. I poop in the pool. I did it." very matter of factly. Well Steph and I just started laughing, me out of totally embarrassment!! Steph was on her way out needless to say we followed her!!!
3 comments:
everything I think of this...i start to cry laughing so hard. hope you don't mind me posting your story on my blog....you're a great writer!
That is too funny! It sounds like something one of my children would do!
So funny! We were in the pool today and someone threw up in there! Ah, good times!
Post a Comment