Friday, July 17, 2009

White Water



So every year a bunch of my family comes out to here and we go white water rafting down Colorado River. There were 21 of us this year that went minus my sister Leslie and her family couldn't make it from California. This year we had to use two boats. I think this is the biggest group we have ever had and we had so much fun!
After six years of rafting every year, Steven and I both agree this was the wettest we have ever gotten! We were drenched and poor Ben was up front, although I can't say that it probably would have made a difference!


This pretty much sums up Samantha's and Ben's attitude while we went through the water water. Lucky, the trip is not this turbulent after the first 7 seven miles after those first rapids it's pretty nice ride down.


Here is everyone happy again after we have all dried off a little futher down the river. The kids all wanted to jump in, we didn't tell them it was still quite cold. We have many little ones come up screaming after the inital jump in. This year since our group was so big they let us take a little boat so we could shuffle back and forth between boats. My poor sister Stacy got thrown out and sent down the river a few 100 yards of the little boat. She was a good sport about it!!

So who is going to come up and us and go white water rafting?

8 comments:

thepowerfamily said...

I am so sad I missed it! It looks like so much fun.. I miss you all!

Audra M said...

I feel for Ben. Rafts, white water? shiver. My one pathalogical fear. Looks like you had a blast though. How do you keep your camera safe?

Stacy Risenmay said...

I'd say that looks like fun, but to me it doesn't! That is one thing I don't think I could do. I think sky diving is higher on my to do list. But maybe if my parents had started me young...

Stephers said...

That looks awesome! How old do the kids have to be? I haven't been rafting since college.

Diana said...

I LOVE to go down rivers. I did it tons of times as a kid/teen. I think Jared and I will have to consider this as an option! It looks absolutely frightening w/ kids...I think mine would hate it! But how fun! Maybe in a few years.

Sarah Coyne said...

This looks like so much fun! What a great tradition!

Gretch said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Becca's Blog said...

That looks like so much fun! That could be us in a week! I love that pic of you and your kiddos. You always look so beautiful!