Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Flat Tops

Well I do have to say living in the middle of nowhere does have it's advantages . . . well let's face it, not many, but ONE quite redeaming one. THIS is just a short 30 min. drive from our home.





We love to go camping in the Flat Tops or Cline Tops, which ever cayon we choose to go up. It's beatiful as you can see and this is just one side over 200,000 acres of wilderness and 160 miles of riding trails. Hence we have two of these (the four wheelers, not the monkeys on the four wheelers these we keep because we have grown to love them and they seem to folow us everywhere we go).






What child would pass us entertainment like this? A fort at it's finest. The kids always have a great time. Whether riding on the four wheelers, flower picking, dog chasing, messing around in the trailer, or roasting marshmallows. Good times are always had by all!!




We headed up on Friday afternoon and were riding by 2:30. I made dutch oven and even tried my hand at making rolls in them. I learned a few things that will help next time around, but they were eatable. Here is our flower picker.

And Marin set the table and put the flowers in an old gatorad bottle. She's so funny. I think she spent 20 min. trying to find something to put them in.




We clipped an awesome thunder storm on the way day and made it home in plenty of time to clean everything out and even wash the pillow cases before we went to bed!!

4 comments:

Colette said...

Looks like a great place to camp. As you know camping is in my blood and I love it, however I have come to appreciate my parents more and more over the years because it takes alot of preperation on the parents part in order to go. Which I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Audra M said...

Wow! It's still so green. The whole 4 years we lived there we were in a draught and it NEVER looked that way. Awesome! Hope you're feeling well.

Stacy Risenmay said...

I love camping! It looks like you had fun. SO beautiful!!!

Maria said...

I love that little fort they built; so cool. Makes me want to get a camper and go to the woods.