The Fourth is such a fun holiday. I remember as a little girl liking it, but for whatever reason I think it's now better than Christmas. Why? Because I don't have to decorate, buy presents, or do all of those time consuming projects that Christmas brings. There isn't anything on the Fourth you HAVE to do, you just have to have FUN!!! Since the Fourth fell on a Saturday we gave our employee Friday off, which meant Steven had it off too. On Friday we went down to Junction (100 mile drive) and went and saw Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs, went to Olive Garden, bought some Fire Crackers and went looking at camping trailers. All of the above are favorite pass times of ours and the kids finally old enough to enjoy the movies!
Saturday we woke up and went to our ward breakfast which is always fun. I am of the opinion that food always taste better when someone else makes it and cleans up the mess! Saturday afternoon we loaded up the four wheelers and went for a ride up in the mountains . . . which sparked four wheeler fever in all of us and have cleaned out the trailer this week to go up for a week days this weekend. We finished off the day with a BBQ which the kids promptly fell asleep afterward so we did Fireworks another night. Here is to a super fun weekend and such a F.U.N. holiday!!!
P.S. I am doing better. I am not back 100% but am under the care of a good allergist and after I am off my medication in a few weeks we are going to do an allergy test and find out what I am fatally allergic to. I will let you know!
1 comment:
Glad you had a fun 4th! I just read your allergy story. You poor thing!!! I hope they find out what caused the reaction!
When I was pregnant with the 1st child, I got the worst rash on my hands/legs/feet. I went to doctor after doctor and the verdict: I'm allergic to pregnancy! Luckily, it went away by about 20 weeks and didn't reappear when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. Grrr! Sometimes your body seems to turn against you!!!! Hope you get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment