Friday, May 1, 2009

Meet Kit


Marin is a little obsessed with the American Doll Kit Kittredge. She likes her so much Marin wanted to cut her hair like her. I really didn't have a problem with it because Marin hates to do her hair and she likes to chew on it too. So I thought well less hair I have to fight over doing and maybe I can brake her of the bad habit of chewing on it. So she got it cut yesterday just like Kit's. After a full day of Marin asking, "Do I look like Kit?" The wind would blow, "Oh, no, do I still look like Kit?" Samantha had had her fill of it and yelled, "Oh my gosh Marin, YES, you still look like Kit!" I said, "Sam please be nice." Although I know Sam was honestly annoyed by the questions. Sam turns around to me and says, "Well, my Heaven's mom!"

This morning I had to find a skirt for her to wear and shoes that tie because I was told that is what Kit wears. We had to have a dog in the picture, because Kit has a dog. She really wants the exact outfit that kit has. (I haven't told her they make everything imaginable for these dolls and their mommies, I just figure I would wait until later in life to share that one!) Although she has seen the doll and has been asking about it.


P.S. Actually last year I knew Marin was partial to Kit and I found someone selling one on Craig's list (Kit and all her accessories have actually been neatly packed away in my crawl space for the past six months!). Marin Simons is also the best little saver you could imagine and I am worried she is going to come and tell me she wants to buy her with her hard earned money and I was really hoping to hold that one off until that most wonderful time of the year!(Not sure what I am going to do when that happens). I will keep you posted!

P.P.S. Marin lost a tooth, she is now officially six!!

4 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

She is so cute and I love the cut Marin! There is just one problem you are cuter than kit!

Stacy Risenmay said...

I love this post! (especially the part where Sam looses it!) Kids are the best!!!

Audra M said...

LOL! Sammy is so funny. We love the American Girls books. Lexi was in a book club in one of the (many) places we have lived.

Colette said...

I love it! At least she's choosing something good (I'd say someone, but I know Kit's not real) to have as a role model. And I can totally picture one of my kids getting frustrated like Sam and saying something like that. It makes me laugh. Marin does look really cute with her hair cut like that.