I got tagged by a friend to write 10 random things about myself, but since I know no one is this interested in hearing 10 random things about me I will only write 7 (okay I could only think of 7) . . .
1. I am obsessed with EXCEl, the computer program. It started a few years ago when Steven started his business and I needed to add massive amounts of (small:) numbers and calculate percentages quickly. It took me two weeks to work up his progress payment report, but it is a bitc?#$% program that I wrote if I do say so myself. All you have to do is type in the contract amount and it gives me all of the amount and when they are do according to the progression of the project. Anyway if Steven has a question about a budget now, any budget; house, business, something else he is building I hand him a spreed sheet. I know he finds it annoying.
2. I am obsessed with Beyoncé new video "Put a Ring on It." I like it . . . to say the least. I watch it at least once a day and try to figure out her moves in my kitchen at night. Ya don't judge me, it's something that's fun to do in my kitchen at night. (I have included the link for your viewing pleasure!)
3. I am, how shall I put this, let's say "not a fan" of just born, right out of the oven, hand the baby to you while it's still wet, babies. I have never been the first one to hold any of my children. Marin was the closest and I quickly asked someone to take her and bath her, then bring her back to me. I personally just don't like it and I explicitly tell my doctor that if they lay the baby on my stomach it will be the last baby of mine they deliver. I am serious about this one. I gave up a feeling bad about it a long time ago, wait maybe I have never felt bad about it.
4. I love belts and jewelry. You can add different ones to outfits and they will look completely different. I LOVE JCREW, since we all know this is an expensive store, I "try" (we all know this is a big fat lie!) to only buy items I love and I can wear ten million times, in any way passable.
5. I am a little IRS overwhelmed right now. No, I don't avad paying my taxes, quite the opposite. I am so afraid of making a mistake that I freak out every time I get a letter from them. This tax season was particularly trying as I receive four letters from Uncle Sam saying I needed to fix something. Some of which were quick fixes, some were time consuming and one caused me to quickly email my accountant and FEDEX him the letter telling him to take care of it because that is why I pay him. I know my accountant even knew I was over the edge this season when he replied, "Ashlee, you need a drink."
6. What idiot invented Moon Sand? Ya it sounds like a good idea, until you realize you have to clean up SAND!!! IN YOUR HOUSE!!! I hate the stuff.
7. I can't spell worth a dime! If you haven't figured this out by now as you have read my blog maybe you spell worse then me.
YEP, that sums up my randomness the past few weeks, I tag Amber Miller, Leslie Power, and Maria Nelson.
Wonderful Wheat Night
15 years ago
9 comments:
ASHLEE-
My apologies on the name spelling. I guess we think about it too much...because I totally thought "oh no Chad's cousin is going to think I'm talking about her cuz her name is Ashley. Oh, nevermind...Ashlee Simon's spells her name with two E's.
But guess what you tagged me...but you said Miller instead of Pitt. LOL!
And lastly, the beyonce video. Never seen it...but I did watch it off the link from your blog. Can I say I was about to pee my pants laughing. (and that says a lot because I'm so exhausted right now I didn't know I even had energy to laugh) Anyways, I was laughing picturing myself trying to learn the moves. I might need to wait to try that till after I have this baby. But I would be interested in seeing a Youtube video of you doing it. Pretty please!
I do the books for our company too, and also hate tax time. There are so many things to check and make sure of, it's so stressful. And we played with Moon Sand once... only once. A parent obviously did not invent that stuff!
That is too funny! I'm glad you're not afraid to share those things about yourself.
I did my 25 random things on Facebook and my blog a couple months ago...I couldn't take the constant tagging anymore. I don't think my list is as interesting as yours though!
That's what I love about you Ashlee - you say it like it is with no excuses, regrets, or apologies. Love it!
Your baby is 6! Wow - isn't motherhood fun : ) I hope she didn't get a boat load of moon sand. One day when the boys weren't looking I tossed it out. Cade's only asked for it once since.
Ash
The next time I see you, you are pulling out all the Beyounce moves. I can't wait to have one great laugh!!! Love ya
I am so relieved to hear that someone else agrees with me on the fact that babies are gross after delivery and that is that last thing I would want touching my bare skin. As a Newborn ICU nurse, I am required to attend all deliveries and I HATE when moms do that! Not only is it gross, but unsafe! Babies need vigorous stimulation, suctioning, respiratory help, and more right after delivery. It is so awkward trying to stimulate a baby while it's laying on it's mom's bouncing boobies! Wish more people in this weird world felt the same way as we do, my job would be soooo much easier!!
OK, seriously can I just tell you how much I can picture you doing those moves in your kitchen. Oh, I would pay to see that. I love you Ash and all of your randomness!
Did you see Dancing with the stars tonight? It's not even over and I had to jump on your blog and comment...because it was so FREAKIN' funny. It wouldn't had been as funny had I not already seen that beyonce video off your blog.
LOL--i can totally picture you trying to learn dance moves in your kitchen!
Post a Comment