Sunday, April 5, 2009

Horse Woman

To say that Marin is a horse woman is an understatement. She loves horses. For her upcoming birthday she wanted a horse party. Together we found a horse cake, horse balloons, and then put in an order to the Oriental Trading Company for many horse items for her party. I was just so glad I could find horse things! Last year after many failed activities that she wanted to try but didn't like (ballet, jazz, tap, soccer, to name a few) we finally talked her into horse back riding. She loved it! How much does she love it. Here is a picture of her by herself riding Afraida, our horse around our property. She is very comfortable on a horse to say the least.




AMAZING STORY . . .


Today Marin came into my room and told me that Afraid was on the ground sleeping. I said, "Oh, well horses get tried too." A few minutes later Steven watched her go outside. A little while later Steven came into our room to look out our bathroom window to check on Marin. Steven said, "Ashlee, come here right now." I jumped up to find this . . .




And this . . .


And this . . .




I was a little worried at this point, but thought, "How much does this horse love and TRUST her to let her walk up to it while lying down, let ALONE climb on her back!" Well Steven got out the camera and started to take pictures. He took a few from the window then walked out side behind the barn to take some better ones. But Afraid heard Steven . . . I see Afraid start to stand and my heart starts to beat very fast, what is going to happen? Well you cannot yell and scare the horse so we both just watch silently (Well, actually Steven took pictures:). Marin, very quietly says, "Oh my gosh."


One. . .




Two . . .

Yes, that did just happen. Afraid gently stood up and Marin held on for dear life. She then slipped off the other side and walked out of the pin and yelled, "I love you Fraida" She loves that horse, and I must say Afraid loves Marin.

11 comments:

thepowerfamily said...

I love Marin!!! That horse must love her so much...

Maria said...

Wow! That is so cool! Glad you got some pics of that. Animals are really amazing.

Stacy Risenmay said...

I grew up with horses and I think they are so good for kids! She is lucky to have such a good one.

Stephers said...

I'm sure your heart stopped for a minute there! That is a great story, I'm glad you guys had your camera out!

Buck and Julie said...

I think that I would have had a heart attack! That is so neat to have such a connection with the horse. What a cutie!

Colette said...

That is amazing! I'm glad everything turned out alright and that Marin didn't get hurt. She's a brave little girl.

Steph said...

oh. my. gosh. what in the world?? That is so crazy...and something that should be featured on "The View" or something?? Pretty neat, glad you got some pics of that!

Gretch said...

That is crazy! I'm glad you captured the pictures. I bet your heart was totally racing-I'm glad it turned out. It is really sweet how much Marin cares for the horses.

Happy Anniversary!

Becca's Blog said...

How funny, scary, and amazing all at once! I am so glad that it turned out that way and not another way! She is one lucky girl to have her own horse! I am so glad she has found something she loves!
BTW- You are such a good writer! I feel like I am reading a book sometimes!

Courtney Curt said...

Oh my goodness. That is the cutest thing. How funny too!

Lisa said...

WOW! What an amazing relationship they must have!