Marin celebrated her 6th birthday yesterday with 13 of her class mates here at the house. Yes, I invited all of Marin Kindergarten class to come over for an hour and a half yesterday afternoon. It of course was a horse party, maybe a little literally too. We started off with the saddles on the porch and had the kids take their pictures on them.

It was a mad house to say the least! I am not sure what I was thinking inviting that many children to come over. It probably wouldn’t had been a big problem, but I was left to battle the children by myself. I ran all over this house for about two hours during the party, I am not even exaggerating I ran! We decorated bags so they could have an Easter Egg hunt. Then we had a piƱata, pizza, and cake and ice cream. You think these activities would had filled up all of the time, but here is where the kids actually spent most of the time!

With the tramp, swing set, and chickens who needs games inside! I was so glad the weather cooperated and at least is wasn’t raining. I know they had such a great time outside so I really just tried to make sure everyone was happy and playing nicely and with 13 six year olds that was a full time job. Parties are so much work, but it makes it so worth it when you know your kids had a great time. Marin got so many CUTE horse presents! I am amazed that her friends went and found horse items! It was cute!

I cannot believe she is six. I remember driving to the hospital in the morning before she was born and hauling her all over between Utah and Colorado when she was a new born. Time flies! She has a lose tooth right now and let me tell you this was (according to Marin) what really makes you six. We really are so lucky to have such a good little girl. I must say Marin she has so many wonderful qualities but I must say my favorite right now is the interest she has in religion. She goes to a Lutheran school and what I thought would be a good way for her to learn about right and wrong (from somewhere else then just at home and our church) and maybe introduced to a religion she might not have ever know has turned out to be so good for her. She loves to come home and tell me about the Bible stories she has learn and when she has a question about something they learned it turns into such good conversations about the gospel. The other week she came home and asked this question about Adam and Eve, “Mom today we said a prayer for Adam and Eve because they sinned in the garden. We asked God to forgive them.” She looks at me, “Mom, do we believe that? I kind of felt funny when we prayed?” Honestly it took me a moment to remember the fundamental principle between the LDS religion and other religions on this topic. After a discussion on it, Marin got up on Sunday and bore her testimony of Adam, Eve and Jesus Christ. WHERE DID SHE COME FROM?? But honestly, Marin already understands something that I didn’t understand until I went to the temple. My friend also came up to me the other week and asked how Marin knew about the Reformation? I said I know they have an entire month in October at her school about it, I was guessing that was how she knew. My friend laughed and said, Marin explained it to me. I told this to Steven later and he looked at me and asked, what’s the Reformation? LOL
5 comments:
Yeah for 6! Cute party.
I can fully understand 'running' around at the birthday party. I remember when I threw Coleman's fourth birthday party I was sweating like a pig and thought I'd had the best workout of my life. It was then that I thought I'd try to get away with fewer birthday parties if possible :) It looked like you did such a good job decorating and entertaining! Way to go Ash!
Happy Birthday Marin! Ash-it's a little crazy that you have a 6 year old!
Looks like the party was such a success! So fun. Happy Birthday Marin! Good job MOMMY!
You have such fun birthday parties. I love them. By the way, I showed everyone that post about Marin and the horse. So crazy. That is the most amazing story I've ever heard. My eyes were glued to the screen the whole time...I could have read and looked at the pictures over and over. Amazing.
Post a Comment