We had so much fun on our vacation to Southern California. It was so much fun to see the kids be excited to go somewhere, even Ben, although he was just excited because everyone else was. We left last Friday and drove to Ceder City and spent the night. We like staying there because there is a nice hotel with a full free breakfast, who could pass that up? We stopped off for a few hours in Saint George the next day to see a niece playing in a soft ball tournament and then I made Steven stop again in Primm at the J Crew outlet. Yes, when we pass by there we have to stop. (Hey, cute belt $3.54, cute cardigan $19.99, white t-shirt $8.99, do I need to say any more??? I don't think so. So on your next trip to Southern Cal. stop at Primm, you wont be disappointed!!!)
We had a great time at Disneyland. We probably should have thought twice before we rode Pirates of the Caribbean first, because after that everyone was afraid of EVERYTHING! As the week wore on they began to warm up and by the last day they were screaming and having a great time on pretty much whatever anyone wanted to ride. We packed lunch everyday and took snacks, which I would highly recommend because one day we bought lunch which cost $50.00 for the five of us. Which was fine for ONE day, but would have been not happening for four.
Marin rode California Screaming, which is the biggest, fastest roller coasting in either park. I think it was just so fast that she didn't know what even happened because she said she wasn't scared. She was the brave one on this trip and wanted to do most of the ride. On the last day when my whole family was there she was really up for whatever they wanted to do. She was still scared of a few things and stayed with mom, but she was probably at one of the best ages to go, because everything was so fun. We asked her what was her favorite part of the trip and she said, "EVERYTHING!"
Samantha on the other hand screamed on Splash Mountain, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alice in Wonderland, Wild Cirrus Train, the Submarine, Star Tours, Buzz light year, well you get the picture. :) She was a big trouper on the Grizzly Rapids after we told her rafting dow the Colorado was way more scary than this ride. Daddy bought her a candy bar for her bravery! She did try her best and she abosultly loved It's a small world, Ben loved it so much he refused to get off.
Our favorite rides where Toy Story and California Soarin'. Toy Story was really cute, you put on three-D glasses and launched cannon balls at everything. It was the cutest ride. And I am happy to say that although I only scored 106,600 Seven only got 107,000. You have to do it when you go!
Steven took Tuesday and went sea fishing with my brother in-law. I was excited for him, until my brother in-law called me at 8 a.m. and told me Steven was sea sick. It lasted the whole nine hours on the boat. So even after that day Steven was a little wossy on the rides at Disneyland and I did a few of the rides he didn't think he could stomach. Poor Steven. I made it to a Home store one day with my sister (with all seven of our children) needless to say we didn't stay long, but I did make it out with some fun stuff.
All in all, it was a great trip and the only complaint I have is that we didn't have enough time to do everything I wanted to do. It was so much fun with the kids and they loved every minute of it!! Well will do it again, in about three years. :)
All in all, it was a great trip and the only complaint I have is that we didn't have enough time to do everything I wanted to do. It was so much fun with the kids and they loved every minute of it!! Well will do it again, in about three years. :)
4 comments:
Sounds like so much fun. I'm jealous! I really want to go to Disneyland again. Glad you guys had a fun time.
I here ya, it was so fun to see your kids enjoy that so much. I will say hands down our trip to Disney World was our best trip ever. I remember the kids faces and they were just lit up the whole time. It was magical for the kids and for us even. It was awesome. I will never forget Conor looking at me and saying something like, "This is the best day of my whole life!" I am glad you guys had a great time too. It makes me want to go back.
Disneyland is the best! Your kids will remember that trip for the rest of their lives. Glad you had fun!
Hi Ashlee! I saw that your kids were born in 03, 04 and 06... ours too! And my husband and I own our business, and I do the books! I was laughing when I was reading your bio on the side of your blog. It's fun to see your cute family!
Post a Comment