Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Primary Activity














A few weeks ago we had a primary activity for Pioneer day. I am in the primary presidency so I helped plan it, well kind of. It started out that we were going to bake a dump cake in the Dutch over, make homemade ice cream, and make some rag dolls and horses. But my ward is supper into "the way it was" and according to everyone else there was no milk, no sugar, not very much cloth so by the time I was given the DL about the activity all I could do was laugh and say okay, I try to be easy going and not really say much unless asked otherwise (No body roll their eyes!). So we started off by pushing a hand cart around the church and each time the kids came around they added a couple of cinder blocks.Then they brought out a bag that had oh . . . rocks, sticks, an old spoon, rope things of this nature and asked them to come up with a game. We didn't let them play the game they just had to explain it then in was back into the bag for the "toys." Then my personal favorite was when the secretary got up to talk about the pioneers for 20 min. and at the end of her talk she wanted to sing a few pioneer songs and Marin stood up and said "Oh my gosh!" The "Treat" at the end was lard rolls . Needless to say we had left over’s.



1 comment:

sorniefamily said...

The way it was...I don't recall pioneers having rubber bike tires,aluminum handcarts, sunglasses, crocs, flip flops, or tennis shoes! :)

Looks like a good activity, I'd prefer ice cream over lard rolls as well!