Marin had surgery yesterday. When she was born she had a hernia on the upper part of her stomach. When I took her to the doctor for her two week check up he said that it was an umbilical hernia and that it would likely close up. Well when we moved to Colorado and change pediatians my new one her said she needed to go to a genral surgen. Needless to say that didn't sit well with me and I found a new pediatian, who I love!! But anyway we decided when we was five I would get it looked at. So, we had it looked at at the begining of the summer by Dr. Chuck Breaux who is one of the top ten pediatic surgens in the US and he was great. It wasn't an umbilial hernia it was an upper gastro hernia and so that ment it was never going to close up. So we had it fix this summer.
Some highlights of the day. The anthisiolgist told Marin she was going to feel "a little drunk" (Okay???). Marin asked how they fixed her bump Steven said, "They take a knife and cut you open." (What the !@#$???) She couldn't eat that morning (so neither could we:) and there was no food at the surgical center so no one eat until after noon. The nurse gave us a bunch of barf bags and said she would probably throw-up a lot on the way home because of the antheisa, but she didn't she slept (Score for mom)!
But all and all she is doing great and was outside today playing with the dogs. I can tell she is a little tired and holds her stomach when she walks. She is a trooper!
(No I don't have pictures, I didn't take it in to the surgical center because I felt werid doing so, so I told her tonight let's take a picture of your stomach and she just looked at me like I had worm coming out my nose. That's my girl:))
Wonderful Wheat Night
15 years ago
1 comment:
I just had to laugh at your writing this time. I was thinking the same thing as I read what the dr told your little girl and then what your husband said. That really is hilarious. I'm glad she's doing well and everything is finally taken care of! Oh. When is your sister Leslie due? It's a girl right?
Post a Comment