Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School Babies



School started here on Monday. Which meant Marin went to kindergarten. It was such a sad and happy day all at the same time. I should say Marin was so happy it was hard to be sad. She was up and walking around with her lunch box at 7;30. When she got home I tried not to ask too many questions, but I did get the low down on every other child's lunch box. It's so much fun to be five!! It is so exciting when they start something new. Sam started today and was equally excited to go. She goes to preschool in the afternoon so she was a little confused about why we didn't leave in the morning. They both want me to sign up to volunteer I am not sure how I am going to juggle that one, but I am sure we will find away. It's cool to have your mom at school when you are this young, which is great! I am not sure what I am going to do with myself when they are away, I did get some bids done on time yesterday while Marin was away and Ben was napping, which doesn't happen too often, well it never happens with everyone in the house.:) It's funny to think of myself as a mom with children in school, but I guess it happens to everyone. They were so cute in these pictures I wanted to eat them up. I think it is so cute that they wanted to pick out their school cloths and how they wanted their hair done. I am sure this excitement will wear off for me and become agrivating, but for now I have rose colored glasses and see them as little girls and not baby Marin or baby Sammy-doodle, which again is exciting for them but sad for me.

2 comments:

the landreths said...

I hear ya, Ash. School doesn't start here until after labor day though, so we have a couple more weeks of summer. Your girls are adorable.

nate & traci said...

Ashlee!! Hey, it's Traci...the girl who tends to disappear a lot. How are you? Your girls look adorable and I can't believe how big Ben is getting.