When I was about 10 I got an American Girl Doll. I loved my Samantha doll as if she were real. For my eleventh birthday my grandma and grandpa Bloomer made her bed, bedding, truck and my grandmother sewed the doll an entire wardrobe which you see here in the picture. I have kept it all these years in my parents house so that no one would destroy it. So the other weekend while out in Utah I told Samantha to come in my room and I showed her my doll. It was really fun to see her with it. After that doll I always knew I had a Sam up in Heaven and when Marin was born I knew it was not her (Not that I love my Marin any less, if fact if anything I knew she was her own person totally different from this other spirit I knew was up there waiting to come down). It was fun to see Sammy's eyes light up as she played with her. It will eventually be hers, but not until she is much older. My grandmother who made all the cloths died a few years back and I want to make sure that it gets passed down to Sammy's daughter.
P.S. Marin gets my doll house that grandma and grandpa Bloomer built and decked out with every miniature thing possible. It's pretty great too.
No comments:
Post a Comment