Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Parade!


Someday this week, no I do not even remember the day. I took my children and Marin's friend Addy and her mother to the pumpkin patch. The kids where excited and picked out three of the largest pumpkins in the patch. (Being a smart mom, I only took $25 in cash to the patch knowing if that was what I took, that would be all I would spend!) They spent a good fifteen minutes finding the largest pumpkins they could. Then, after hauling my three little children and their three "great" pumpkins back up the hill we weighed them . . . 65lb of pumpkins came to $23.


They weren't going to have enough to go on the hay ride. Never in my life after explaining to my children did I think to see them so willing to exchange their pumpkins for smaller ones. Within a few minutes Marin and Sam had cute sensible pumpkins picked out and were helping Ben find one he could actually carry. After yet another weight in we safety had $13 worth of pumpkins and were on our way to the tractor pull. Oh what fun!!

2 comments:

nate & traci said...

Ashlee!! Hey, how are you?! Jack and I were in Colorado 2 weeks ago. I was going to call...but, Jack and I ended up getting the flu. It was horrible. Pretty much felt lousy the entire time we were there. I can't believe how big Ben and the girls are getting!

Audra M said...

Looks like fun! My kids have been begging to go to a pumkin patch. Hopefully we can go this weekend. It's good to see what's going on with your family. Your kids are so cute! They look so different than I remember. You need to send me a skinny picture.