Saturday, October 25, 2008

High School Musical Three

So last night we took all of the kids to High School Musical Three. This wouldn't probably happen with most two year olds, but Ben loves High School Musical. So we went really just for him. I will have to say out of a 10 I will give him a 9.5. I never got up and he pretty much sat and watched the whole thing! I did want to pee my pants when he stood on top of his chair to dance and fell off getting his foot stuck in the chair on the way down.
The girls kept talking at a regular volume, which we had to explain why we whisper in movies. They loved the popcorn, the drinks, and chocolate. It really was a fun first family movie night. I think we will be going to the movies on Christmas day for Marly and Me.

(So humor me on this next one!)
After the movie later that night we were eating dinner and I said to Steven that I never really thought about leaving my Sr. year when I left for Germany. The prom, the year book, the school presidency, my heavens I was a cheerleader, and on the track team and I didn't really think about what I would miss. That movie for whatever reason made me feel like I had missed something. Something I had never thought about before.

P.S. Not that England, France, Belgium, Denmark, Poland, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland, ditching school to go to the Netherlands and ten days on the Mediterranean in Spain weren't fun.:)

7 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

Hi!!! So what are you up to? Where are you living now? Your kids are so adorable! I just started blogging and it is so fun to find people you haven't seen in a long time. It will be fun peeking in on your family every once in a while!

Ashley said...

Bloomies! how are you? I miss you tons. I hope all is well. The children are darling.

What is your number? I want to get in touch with you.

Stacy Risenmay said...

We have lived in Payson about a year and a half. Before that we lived in Las Vegas, Nv. My husband is an architect at a commercial architecture firm in Provo. We are pretty boring people. We love vacations and we've been having fun restoring our old house. The plan was to fix up an old house (a dream for both of us) and then bild the one we designed together. But we like where we are so much we might just add on! Who knows. You have a cute family! Do you ever get back to Utah?

Stacy Risenmay said...

Sorry. . . that was build, not bild. I do know how to spell!

Jaime said...

I totally get all nastalgic when I watch those movies too. I always want to do it all over again! I guess we'll just have to live vicariously through our kids.

Marie said...

Ashlee! It's Marie Kelley (Whetten)I hope you remember me! I linked to your blog from Gretchen's, which I linked to from Stacy's. I hope you don't mind. I was excited to see pictures of you and your amazingly adorable family! How are you? You can check out my blog at weezon.blogspot.com, or email me at marie.whetten@gmail.com

Stacy Risenmay said...

I did go to the reunion after much debate. It was better than expected but not fantastic. There will be a 15 year and new people are in charge that actually want to do it so I think it will be better next time.