Our Nifty died the other week. We are so sad that he is gone, but we know that he had been pretty sick this winter. He didn't look good the other day when Steven and I left to go run and help our friends with their cows. So we called our good friend who is a veterinary and he said to bring him by when we got back. We were only gone a few hours, but when we came home Nifty was just laying outside of his kennel. Steven and I just looked at each other because we knew he wasn't breathing. We are sure he pasted away right after we left as he was a little cold.
Steven took him down to the vet to make sure he didn't get into any poison (Steven was worried about the kids then getting into it). They found that Nifty had had cancer in his lungs for probably over six months, which is why he had phenomena twice this winter and just always seemed to have a hard time breathing the last few months.
Nifty should have been named "Happy Go Lucky" because there is not a dog in the world who was so happy and care free. I will miss seeing him run around here in the the morning when Steven would let him out. We always called him a puppy, because he just kept his "puppy" attitude and was so happy to just be with you. He was my favorite dog to take walking because he wasn't a butt head while I was trying to exercises.
We will miss you Nifty!
Nifty should have been named "Happy Go Lucky" because there is not a dog in the world who was so happy and care free. I will miss seeing him run around here in the the morning when Steven would let him out. We always called him a puppy, because he just kept his "puppy" attitude and was so happy to just be with you. He was my favorite dog to take walking because he wasn't a butt head while I was trying to exercises.
We will miss you Nifty!
3 comments:
My kids were so sad when I told them Nifty had died. He was the happiest dog!! We will miss him.
Oh Ashley, I'm sorry. Losing a good pet sucks. Seriously.
So sad! Pets are really part of the family and it's so hard to let them go. I'm sure he loved being part of your family and is looking over you from heaven.
Post a Comment