Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our Cruise


We had such a great time on our cruise! There is really not much to complain about when every day you are at a different exotic location, your meals are prepared and paid for, you have room service at the click of a button, your room is cleaned morning and night and probably the best feature is there is no reason to get up early, not stay up late, nor not to take a nap! We had so much fun and really enjoyed our time away. We spent a lot of the trip alone, just Steven and I. We ate alone together most nights and spent more time together then we probably ever have in our marriage. I think my favorite part were all of the beautiful beaches and amazing places we stopped at.



The day before we left Ben got a terrible tooth ache. I felt so bad for him. So much I wanted to cancel our trip. I was really worried about him. Like anyone wants to leave their children for a week, let alone when someone feels bad. We took him to the dentist and they wanted him on antibiotics for seven days before they even would try to fix it. So there was nothing much I could do but give him his medicine and hand him over to my sister and my dad. I knew he would be okay and was in good hands, I still worried. If anyone can empathize with a tooth ache it would be me! He ended up being fine and I got his tooth fixed just this last week as soon as we got home!! Thanks to my sister for watching my children because I know it was a challenge even if she says it wasn't!!!



Our First Stop: Grand Cayman






The day before our cruise we spent the day in Fort Lauderdale. Which we just finished all of the things we needed to do before we left but didn't have time. Steven got a hair cut and I do a little last minute shopping. Steven got this idea to go fly fishing in Grand Cayman and arranged it over the internet with a guide separate from the ship. I was a little apprehensive as I have never fly fished. But it ended up being quite the highlight of our trip. My guide taught me "how" to fly fish and Steven's guide took him out fishing. It is harder then it looks. The best part of the day was we drove all over the island and they took us to like five different beaches. I must say I got called a "fishing Betty" by the time I was done. The south side of the island was windy so we spent most of the day on the north side which was beautiful and sunny. Koodo's to Steven for this idea!

Second Stop: Roatan, Honduras


After an eight hour day of fishing the day before we didn't plan anything on our next stop which was Roatan. It was so beautiful. We got a cab for the day and he drove us around the island. We went snorkeling and had lunch in this gorgeous bay. Lunch was excellent I had some coconut shrimp and Steven had another shrimp dish with rice. We had our cab driver take us shopping to get a few things for the kids. We walked out with some dresses for the girls and a sling shot for Ben. This was my second favorite day. This was by far the best snorkeling and quite hot, but the water was perfect.





Third Stop: Cozumel,Mexico






Our day in Cozumel was windy and quite rainy. We took a trip to the main land, Cozumel is an island, to a city called Tulum where we visited some ruins. It was beautiful. Why do I have not pictures of the ruins? Ummm, because let's just say I almost pasted out once we got there. It was hot and humid, we rode in a bus for an hour and then walked 20 min. to the site. I must have locked my knees once we stopped and I felt myself losing it, but I kept it together by lying on the ground, in the mud, while I was in the biggest down poor I have ever stood in. Therefore I didn't feel really well and hence didn't take many pictures.




That would be why I fell asleep in the cabana after lunch on the beach. No complaints. Still a great day! And again, I would go back for a week just to visit Tulum!!



Fourth Stop: The Bahamas




Our final stop was the Bahama's. Sadly this is the only photo we took because all we did was relaxed and lied out. The ship had a lunch for us which was nice and we did to a little snorkeling, but after Roatan a little disappointing. The water was a little colder, don't get me wrong we were still in just our swim suits and after I got it I completely forgot it was a little cooler. There was a breeze this day which made it perfect weather for sun bathing.



We had so much fun. It was great to visit so many places! I wasn't disappointed with one stop, every one was beautiful! I love the beach and could have picked any of these places to vacation all by themselves. Thanks to Steven for taking me and again to my sister Leslie for taking care of my children!

5 comments:

melissa said...

How fun, Shane and I enjoyed reading all about it! I know we would have a blast together, you seem so much like me. Shane was jealous of the fly fishing. Good for you for trying it, I would of had them drop me off at the shops! We want to come and visit your family this summer, June? P.S. Your DEAD for not calling me about the NEWS!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS>

Marie said...

I'm glad you had a good vacation. I am pretty jealous though. :)

Courtney Curt said...

That's awesome!!!

Stacy Risenmay said...

I am so jealous! (I say this as I sit here in my sweatshirt and fat pants...) I am glad you had so much fun!!!

Colette said...

Sounds like a blast! I really want to go on a cruise someday. It sounds like it is a fun way to travel! Glad you had a great time.