Sunday, February 14, 2010

I know we all feel this way about our husbands!!






My Valentine is our course my husband. I was thinking about him today in church. Someone gave a talk on being a good husband or wife and I couldn't help but think how amazing Steven is. And trust me that is not because we don't fight and we have this super happy perfect marriage. We don't, we fight, and when we fight it's like the battle of the Nephites and the Laminites. We go to war. Hence there are only some things things we go to battle over, but when we do someone's going down.


I got this card for Steven for Valentines day. I really think it sums up us perfectly. Which is why I know he thought it was so funny.



To my husband on Valentine's Day,

Honey, it's you and me together forever.


A challenge, maybe, but definitely worth the effort.

He is great in more ways then one. Steven is a great dad and my children love their father. Ben wants to be just like him and has been shooting things and slaying all the stuffed animals around the house for weeks. Marin adores Steven. She would want to be just like him if she wasn't a girl. She wants him to take her hunting and read to him all the time. She is in-love with him. Sammy loves her daddy and loves her snuggles with him at night. He has a great relationship with each of them.


Steven is just a good guy. Today I was thinking back to when we were first married and I was working a full time job, going to school either full or part time, or traveling someone in the world. I am not joking, I was never at home. I was always working or studying or going someone for my job. I even left Steven while he lived in Colorado for five months to go and finish my degree at BYU. I never once remember him complaining about any of the above, never. Never, why are you are gone?? or I miss you, come home!! or why do you spend so much time studying? He supported me at work, school, and anything I have ever done. This is true for him even today. He always supports me in my decisions and always respects my requests; as strange as they can be sometimes.



When I am having a bad day, he will do my dishes and when I need a moment to myself he will always give it to me. He makes me laugh all the time at the silly things he does. The longer I am married to him the more I think how right my decision to marry him in the first place was. I love him deeply and am so amazed by all of the things he does.


I remember the first time I came up to Aspen to give something for one of our first jobs. I walked around the corrner to find Steven talking to a group of people over this project. (This pool is huge, 54 x 24 and it falls into a lower pool of 24x24) Needless to say all I could think of was how hot my husband was and it gave new meaning to the term "pool boy." For the hour drive down the moutain all I could think about was my hot husband was who was incharge of this large project.


And this is nothing, pool after pool he has built and every one he still amazes me.




He is amazing! I sometimes can't believe when he brings home the picture of the final project!



A few months ago I read an article in the Ensign that was about marriage advice and one person wrote how someone has once told them to look at your accomplishments as things you achieved because of each other.


I thought about that for awhile and it made me think of our business. I always referrer to it as Steven's business and he always gets mad at me and calls it "ours." And he is really, truly correct. I can't think of anything more symbolic of our relationship then our business partnership we have created. Steven is an amazing builder. He just knows how things should go together and what order things need to be done in. How to run a job site and how to treat others who work for us. I on the other hand know nothing of construction, but I do all of our books, balance all of his pool budgets, talk to our customers, and arrange all of the taxes and payroll. Since we have been doing this for just under six years and are still going strong, I fell it is in pretty good harmony. It's like gasoline to a car, you have to have the other to go anywhere, with just one you are stuck.



My point???? Steven and I are very different people, but we work together like gasoline and a car and have done more and accomplished more than we ever could have apart and I think about that all of the time. Our accomplishments of our family, our business, my degree and the millions of other things we have done together is just an allegory to our relationship; That together we are much better than we could ever be apart.



(Do I even need to say why he is so hot in the above picture??)

3 comments:

Steph said...

what a cute post! geesh, got me thinking, maybe i need to say something nice about my husband...lol...kidding! but very cute! Glad you guys are finally taking a REAL honeymoon...only 3 days baby!

Audra M said...

Super nice! It's sad but I totally intended to do a post for Josh and just never did it. Awful wife, I tell you.

Hope you're having a great trip! Talk to you soon. You better post some pics. A lot would be better.

BTW, I showed up in Minnesota for my address. Wierd. So it's me and not some other crazy person.

Colette said...

Oooohhh Ashlee you are so sweet. I've been slacking on my blog and I didn't even think about doing a post for my hubby on valentines day. Your hubs sounds like a really nice guy. I'm glad you guys have a great marriage.