I think I make a damn good pizza. In fact, I think my pizza is so good we rarely buy take out. I can make it in an hour and it's so yummy and I think much better for you since I know what I put in it.

The story behind the pizza pie. When I was pregnant with Marin my college friends and I had a get together where we made pizza. It was soooo good I asked "the twins" (Ashter and Age) for the recipe. I made it for a few years their way which got me making it, but now I have abandon their recipe to mine, ONLY because it's easier for me to do it my way then to try and find their recipe; no offence Ashter and Age who read my blog. ;) I love this recipe and have adapted it for my food storage, obviously not the cheese or meat, but you get the idea. They are always things I buy on sale now, peperoni and mozzarella cheese so I always have the ingredients!!! I hope you enjoy it like we do!!
Here is my bread Recipe!
Ashlee’s Bread Recipe
(Good for anything!!)
2 Cups warm milk (Made from dry milk!)
2 Tablespoons yeast
½ Cup sugar
*Add all together and let sit for 15 min.
1 Tablespoon Salt
2 Cups Flour
*Mix Well
¼ Cup Shorting
2 Cups Potato Pearls (Fully cooked and slightly cooled.)
2 Eggs
Add slowly 4-6 Cups of Flour
*Need well 6 to 9 min.
30 min to rise (It will rise fast because of the warm potato pearls!)
Bake whatever, rolls bread, pizza dough at 350 until golden brown.
I just add Prego for the sauce, mozzerella cheese and whatever toppings your family likes!!!!

The story behind the pizza pie. When I was pregnant with Marin my college friends and I had a get together where we made pizza. It was soooo good I asked "the twins" (Ashter and Age) for the recipe. I made it for a few years their way which got me making it, but now I have abandon their recipe to mine, ONLY because it's easier for me to do it my way then to try and find their recipe; no offence Ashter and Age who read my blog. ;) I love this recipe and have adapted it for my food storage, obviously not the cheese or meat, but you get the idea. They are always things I buy on sale now, peperoni and mozzarella cheese so I always have the ingredients!!! I hope you enjoy it like we do!!
Here is my bread Recipe!
Ashlee’s Bread Recipe
(Good for anything!!)
2 Cups warm milk (Made from dry milk!)
2 Tablespoons yeast
½ Cup sugar
*Add all together and let sit for 15 min.
1 Tablespoon Salt
2 Cups Flour
*Mix Well
¼ Cup Shorting
2 Cups Potato Pearls (Fully cooked and slightly cooled.)
2 Eggs
Add slowly 4-6 Cups of Flour
*Need well 6 to 9 min.
30 min to rise (It will rise fast because of the warm potato pearls!)
Bake whatever, rolls bread, pizza dough at 350 until golden brown.
I just add Prego for the sauce, mozzerella cheese and whatever toppings your family likes!!!!
Warning; It's yummy!!!
4 comments:
Love homemade pizza!!! It's the best. Funny, I feel the same about mine. We'll have to try yours sometime though.
Potato pearls - really? So you make mashed potatoes for an ingredient? Different but sounds like a fun recipe to try!
I am amazed that you make your own pizza! You are so talented! I am doing good if I can call Domino's. And congrats on turning 30 and surviving. It was a dark day for me too, but then I remembered that everyone else from high school will also be turning 30 this year, so then I didn't feel so alone.
I loved that you cleaned and organized. I am a neat freak and I love seeing "after" pictures of clean houses and cabinets :)
Thanks for sharing Ash! I am always looking for good ways to use my food storage. I have to admit that I am not a fan of potato pearls and my mom gave me some so I will def. try this recipe out to use them.
Post a Comment