Samantha Winnie turn four on the third this month. We had a birthday party for her today, which we, well I, have been planing for a few weeks. With the craziness of the holidays I didn't fit it in until this week. It was so much fun. She helped me bake over 100 sugar cookies yesterday and then clean the kitchen only to turn right around and make 50 cup cakes. She refused to go to school and I can not say that I blamed her . . . SO I let her stay home with mommy.
Last night we wrapped all of the goodie bags into little packages for her guest and today we made a Christmas tree cupcake cake that turned out darling.
We ran to the store this morning and got a few balloons and came home for Ben to take a nap and to finish cleaning the house. I needed to make the Rudolf for the game and Sammy sat by me for an entire hour telling me who much she loved me and that I was such a good mommy.
I know she was a little tired tonight, but she was so excited all day. Even Marin reminded her first thing this morning that her party was tonight. Everyone had a great time and although it was a lot of work on my part I was so glad I did it. I realize that birthdays are not big to some people, but I have very fond memories of my birthday's as a child. My mother's parents where in the amusement park business . . . need I say more. My birthdays were full of rides, food, and arcade games. I realize we are all different and that wont be my children's memories, but I do go extra out of my way to go the extra mile for them on their birthdays. Here is a vute picture of Sammy-Doo at her party and four of the best reasons I love my Sammy.
1. Samantha will always share, even when she says she wont, she will.
2. Samantha has started making Ben call her mama, she loves it. Her and Ben have a special relationship, if Ben gets in trouble he goes right to Sam for hugs and loves.
3. Samantha is a Fancy Nancy. She loves, that is an understatement, to dress-up and play princess. Samantha usually wears at least two dresses, one right over the top of the other. I stopped arguing with her about it and just except it as Samantha now.
3. Samantha is a Fancy Nancy. She loves, that is an understatement, to dress-up and play princess. Samantha usually wears at least two dresses, one right over the top of the other. I stopped arguing with her about it and just except it as Samantha now.
4. Samantha loves to help me make dinner. She will go get the stool and will mix that eggs and spread the cheese. She loves to cook and I have no doubt will inherit her love of cooking from her mommy.
*She told me tonight that I "put on such a great party". OH, I love you! I did it all for you Sammy-DOO!*
10 comments:
Ashlee, you are such the sweetest mom :) In all honesty, I'm so lucky to have you as a friend and to learn from your good parenting skills.
So so cute. You are the best mom. That is a lot of work but it is so worth it. Sammy was glowing in those pictures. That's the best feeling as a mom see their face light up. By the way, I LOVED your sign in your kitchen about being behind. Chad and I are cracking up! So true...for me that is.
Oh ya...at our ward party last night a girl came up to me and asked me what I knew about "lock jaw." Because over the past few months her husband has gotten it and the doctor was nervous about the lower back tooth. It has been getting worse these past few weeks. I just about died.
Sammy is so sweet. Tell her happy birthday from the aunt, uncle and cousins she doesn't know! What would it be like to have a girl? I can't believe you made so much toffee with kids all around. I think we should all open a toffee business in honor of Grandma Suker. Wouldn't that be fun!
Looks so fun! You seriously need to share some of that energy. BTW - I made your grandma's toffee Saturday and it turned out for the first time in 3 years of trying to make it!!! Thanks for the pointers. I'm so glad to call you a good friend. I too loved the sign in the back ground - was it staged?
Saddly enough, no the sign was not staged! Someone gave that to me and I stuck it there and haven't moved it since.
Ash,
you are so cute! What a trooper to throw a baking party following your Christmas baking endeavors. Sammy really does look so cute and so happy! I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I finally posted about Thanksgiving at 2:30 am and now I can finally move on to December....YIKES!
Wow, you are a baking fool! I just noticed the side of your blog where you have listed all the ingredients you have gone through, and all I can say is you better plan a trip to the dentist after the new year! :) j/k
The cupcakes look great, and so does your gingerbread house. I can almost smell the aroma coming through the blog....
Samantha sounds like a great girl! Happy Birthday to her!
Wow, yes you have been baking! Want to come and do mine, I can't seem to fit it in with all the sickness at my house.
You're a great Mom to do such wonderful things for your kids!
Thank you for commenting on our blog, Ashlee! Your family is very cute and you seem like a great mom. I love what you made with our announcement, very chic. I've heard all about you and what a good friend you were to Scott in high school, thank you! Hope to meet you sometime!
Tara
Post a Comment