Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend in Utah




We spent the weekend in Utah. It was a fast trip, we left on Friday night and came home on Sunday morning. Our friends baptised their little girl and it was my mother-in-law's 60th surprise birthday party. Saturday we woke up and went to the baptism in the morning, I went home and took the kids over to the mall to get the girls church dresses, get Rhonda a present, take the girls to build-a-bear (with money they have been saving for the past six months working around the house, it was burning a hole in their pocket, but we kept explaining that if they saved it they could go to build-a-bear, that did it every time), got an outfit for Samantha that matches everyone elses' clothing for a family picture next month, and went out to the car after two hours of shopping to find the battery dead. After that we made it home to make a salad, ran over to the surprise party and swam and ate all night! Yes, I did forget the camera at the party. All I know is that when you live far away from things you have to get stuff done when you head to the "city." It was an exhausting trip, and I am glad I got everything done, but I am even more glad it is over!! I snapped a few pictures out in front of my parents house before we left this morning.


In order of appearance Cinderella Bear, Fluffy the Dog, and Benny the Basketball Bear.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Welcome to Utah! I loved the picture of your house below. I loved how country it looks. Then I loved your feelings about it. I love that you love living out on a farm or country. I'm sure you would get anxiety living where we do! I even get anxiety living this close to people. But Jared got his job only 1 mile away, so we can't move to far away! :) I want an update on your sister and her new baby!