Marin, our oldest, is now in the full throws of Kindergarten. She is the fun loving, outdoor, hunting, fishing, and dog lover enthusiast. But as our oldest of course she catches on to things fast. One day a few weeks ago we sat down to do the "two letters" of the day, I and K, and she started to wine. She looked up at me and asked how many letters there were? I looked at her with a smile and said twenty-six. She said, but there are really two letters for every letter (meaning upper and lower case, I constantly tell Steven she gets her brilliance from me). I said yes, so there are really fifty-two you need to know. Since we had just completed her math homework, I think she vaguely understood just how many fifty-two really are. Needless to say she started to cry. All I could do was laugh and hug her!!
Even more funny is this week she completed the alphabet and has been dancing around the house that she is finished with all her letters. If she even understood what those letters will mean for the rest of her life; reading, writing, novels, maybe one day a thesis (I dream big) the laugh was really my response to the overwhelming task ahead of her.
She is doing so great and can read many of the first few BOB BOOKS.
Samantha on the other hand has a vocabulary that I am not sure where it comes from. Here are more Sammisems.
"I don't know mom. I just feel overwhelmed."
"Marin, that is not modest. I don't know how you justify it."
"Ben is not my brother."
No comments:
Post a Comment