See this little girl, she's a looker, with an attitude, with a slight mouth on her. She is probably more like me than I care to admit. Steven told me the other day that my paints were too tight, I looked at him and said, "Oh, you think I'm fat?" He said, "Umm okay crazy Sammy." I just burst out laughing because this is SOOO something Samantha WOULD say. "Samantha please get your reading done." "Oh, you think I can't read!" Yep, that sums her up.
But what is so perplexing is Samantha's ability to be so nurturing, loving, and mother like. She is the best cleaner, baby sitter and best helper when her attitude is in the right place. I love her dearly and hope she only changes her tone of voice with me as she ages. She is willing to help and take care of me when needed. She is an amazing student, I don't think I have ever had to work extra hard with her on a project it just all come easily and naturally to Samantha, friends as well. She has so many good friends and is loved by her teachers and primary teachers.
I do feel like because she falls in the middle she gets over looked, which is possible considering she glides through life with little issues other than her attitude at home.
I am so excited to see her be a mother and the man she marries I am sure will be someone loving and carry, because if he is anything like her watch out! It could be war.
The one thing I want to tell her is to embrace her compassion and her nurturing virtues. She is so thoughtful and empathic at times that I wonder where this goes when she is mad and upset. I do tend to be upset with her the most, but I would say that is only because I see the potential she has inside of her. She aims to please.
Today she bore her testimony in church for the first time. Elsie came up on the stand and I had to leave her to do this herself. I knew she would, I knew she could, and would be perfectly appropriate when standing before the congregation. And of course she was.
It makes me so happy to know she has a strong foundation of the gospel of Jesus Christ and she strives to do what is right. This will serve her well throughout her life. I would be so lucky if all my children were to leave my house with this knowledge of who they are, where they came from and where they will be going in they live a righteous life. It would be only my greatest achievement in life if ALL my children were good husbands and wives, fathers and mothers on the day I leave this earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment