Saturday, November 3, 2012

Mountain Man

-Every once in a while I feel inclined to do a post on Mountain Man, aka my husband. Why Mountain man? On our first date we went horse back riding and he made a comment about the wind and how this "always happens in the mountains" I politely told him, "Thanks, Mountain Man".  . .  he told me it was that moment that he knew he was going to marry me and every time since that time whenever my husband wears a beard I think "Mountain Man."  On the day we went to get these pictures he came home and said he would shave. I told him to leave it. He grows a nice beard twice a year and I told him at some point I want to remember he had one. Also, I feel if this is his way of being a rebel than that's fine by me.


-Here is my tribute to Mountain Man-



My husband is a good man.  I love him and nothing makes me love him more than when I think back to the first two years we were married. I worked full time for a large company speaking German for them, I traveled to Europe three times, Tahiti once, and around the Untied States more times than I can count. I also took 12 credits at BYU for three semesters which lead to me NEVER seeing my husband, I was constantly traveling, at school, or somewhere on campus not paying any attention to him. I never made dinner, cleaned the house, made the bed,  did special newly married things and normally would not be home until 10:30. I would be asked to go on another work assignment and he would only encourage me to go and be excited for me. During this time I never, never, remember him complaining once, about anything. Me traveling? Nothing but excitement, me finishing my degree nothing but encouragement, me working, nothing but support. So here is to the Mountain Man that won my heart many years ago and while, at the time, my parents were not thrilled with my choice, I know  they see now what I saw all the long while ago and why I love this man so much. Twelve and half years later we have four beautiful children, a beautiful home, we work together and have more blessings that I will need three life times to count in the one I live. There is only one time in our married life when I felt in total despair and that is when I just had had Marin, Steve was working full time in Colorado, we were in debt to our eye balls trying to finish our basement and get our house rented out so I could move to Colorado and be with him, I was sitting on my bed in my room I was living with my parents and I was crying that nothing was working out. Steven came in and gave me a present, it's the only jewelry he has ever given me and that black pearl necklace represents a time I would like to forget, but  it also reminds me of how unkowingly aware of me, my husband was.  I can only hope my my three little girls see the man he is and marry someone, someday that is as strong and mighty as Steven. 

No comments: