Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Benjamin Simons Turns 4!

Where oh where did my baby boy go?!

Oh where, oh where could he be?!

He has gone out with daddy!

And came back my a man of 23!




Honestly, where does time go? I remember the day Ben was born, I remember taking his pictures when he was just a week old and I remember his blessing day like it was yesterday! But to think he is four and likes to leave me and go off to school is something sad and exciting all at the same time. For so many years I had all of these little toddlers around my house and now there are only three big kids and a baby. How does this happen? And why do children love to get older and us adults dread it? I now realize it's because we realize how short life is and how time really does goes by so quickly. I was holding Elsie last night and for a moment I pictured it was each one of my older children just for a moment.


What I would give to hold Ben in my arms again as a baby just for a day! But instead Ben loves to be a little boy and make trouble around my house. He idolizes his dad as if you couldn't tell! If Steven is around Ben is sure to be with him. The only think Ben asked for for his birthday were hunting cloths! He told me that, "If I don't get hunting cloths I gonna cry." Steven told him after he opened his present that they were going bear hunting the next day. Ben was so excited at about three in the morning I hear Ben yell from his room, "Don't leave me dad we are going hunting!"





Ben is such a great little boy, he is generally obedient and has a heart of gold. I was at his preschool on Monday for his birthday snack and he kept running and giving me hugs, this made my day. His teachers also told me how easy going he is and a patience he is. He is a great brother and loves Lucy, Mar-Mar, and Do (this are the names he calls his sisters). I love having him in our family!

5 comments:

Courtney Curt said...

Ashlee, that is so sweet. So cute that he yelled out from his room at 3 am to go hunting. He's so cute. Let me know if you ever need a babysitter. Jake would love to have ben come play.

Cherilyn said...

Sweet Ben : ) I would love to hold each of my boys as a baby just one more time too.

thepowerfamily said...

The picture of him in his hunting clothes is so cute! Steve must be so proud!

Sarah Coyne said...

I agree, time goes by WAY too fast! And by the way, CONGRATS on your new little one!!! She is gorgeous!!

Cherilyn said...

Hey Ash - when you start reposting let me know at bloomerjc@me.com! Hope all is well!