Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Birthday Present to Myself

So it's my birthday this week and no I really haven' been excited about turning the big three-O. I convinced Steven to go on the cruise and so therefore I really am not expecting anything else. I just want to handout and feel horrible about turning thirty. But I did think of something a few weeks ago that I decided would make me feel good about myself so I decided for my birthday I was going to get some help cleaning my house. No, no, no, not the bathrooms or the mundane stuff, I mean the really deep cleaning stuff. Walls, baseboards, above cabinets, under beds, through the kitchen cabinets and re-organize all the crap I just threw in my cabinets when I moved it. Washing the bedding,through the old cloths, moving furniture, through the junk draws, under the washer and dryer, behind the fridge and just all the stuff you want to organize and clean but just don't ever do!!
So since I know I would never do this on my own, I enlisted the help of a cleaning women and for four days we went through my entire house. Today was the last day and I have to admit, I didn't want to touch my kitchen cabinets, inside or out, but it was the last thing on the list. There is nothing in my house that has not been re-organized the past few weeks. I broke it up into two days last week and two days this week so I could also do a few things by myself during the week. How do I feel? Great! I will do this again for the 35th birthday!!




I honestly never knew I had so many usable items in this drawer! I just know I would swear when looking for my check book all the time!


I love to bake, but this place was a nightmare! Now everything is even labeled!


My walls and all my baseboards are clean!!


You can come look under anything and everything and it looks like this! (This is under my dresser!)

6 comments:

Cherilyn said...

Great idea! I love the idea of getting it all down in one swoop - nice! Now the key is keeping up on it. Is it your b-day on the 23rd? Happy 30th. What a blessing to be another year older. I've finally outlived my dad so I don't mind turning 40 this year - it just reminds me that I'm still alive and have my kids to raise! Be happy. Life can be great!

Audra M said...

What a great idea! But I never stay anywhere long enough to really acquire any really messed up places - hey! never thought about tha benefit. Happy Birthday!!! While the 30's may not seem as cute/darling as the 20's I think you will find them enjoyable in many other ways. I'm so glad you're my friend.

Colette said...

Wow! I wish I could do that. I wouldn't even know where to start or where to find someone like that to help me. Looks great Ash! Hope you have a wonderful Birthday and also that you realize that dreading turning 30 is much worse than being 30 really is.

Stacy Risenmay said...

I am going through the nesting phase but am too big to do all I want. What a good idea!

TheRapunzelGirl said...

girl, i need you to come to my house and help me out with my organization!

the landreths said...

What a fabulous idea!!!