See this kid, he is huge!!! Last year towards the end of school I decided his shoes were beat up so I took him to buy new ones. He was wearing a size 12 and when they measured him he needed a 2. Opps, bad mothering. To make me feel worse he shouted how good they felt when he put them on. I told the person working at the store to just throw the old ones away.
Fast forward to first day of school 2012. I take all the kids to school and decide to up load the pictures that I took. Ben looks like he is 10. He looks like Steven, he smiles like Steven, he likes to dress like Steven. Even his looks he gives me are looks from Steven. He turns 6 next week and I honestly can't remember them there six years so good.
Where does time go? In six more years he will have the priesthood, in six years after that he will be done with high school, and in the following six after that he could have a wife and family of his own. Which I don't know how any woman besides me could hold his little heart or be good enough for that handsome man right there! Cry! CRY!
Rewind back from the future to today. I went to get his light jacket from last year for this morning. I hung it up last year in his closet, because I am a pretty good mom and think ahead, and because I bought it extra big to fit him this year. Ben happily puts it on and it's way . . . too . . . small.
It's not a big deal but last week he came out in a pair of jeans that I quickly told him were WAY to small. So he put on another, those were too small with holes in them. I went to his room and threw away five pairs of pants that either had holes all over them and were too small or were just too small period. So I made a trip to Costco to buy Levis for $12 (This is great were else can you buy Levis for $12!!!). My friend who has three boys talked me into buying 7 and three pairs of them. BOY! :), was she right glad I didn't buy him a 6. I did buy him a winter coat, but didn't buy him a light jacket because I thought surely his one from last year will fit.
Nope. He is a young man (not really but it feels like it). He is growing quicker than I can shop. And that's pretty fast. Today I ate lunch with him at school. Someone asked if he was my boy. I said, "Yes, Benjamin is my little boy." Gave him a kiss on the head, because who knows how long I will be able to continue that. The little girl and boy across the table shouted at me and said, "Ben is the biggest kid in Kindergarten! He isn't little!!" "Well, he is still little to me." 'Nother kiss.
But they are right you know, he is the biggest kid in kindergarten by almost a full head and one day he wont be little any more, but he will always be my boy. Sniff, sniff.
More on Ben's PARTY!!
This is an even year which meant Ben got a friend party. He wanted it at the gymnastic's in Rifle. We had so much fun and just invited his friends and our friends, Subs, and cake topped off the night with a bang!!! Love this 6 year old!!
Taming the dark side!!! We had Jedi school!!







1 comment:
I agree that he is growing like a weed!! Shoes and clothes shopping always puts that into perspective for me...some days it is so sad. I can't believe our little babies that were due days apart are now growing up sooo fast! He is a super handsome little man!! Maybe one day we will be in-laws ;)!!
Post a Comment