Sunday, August 26, 2012

Funny Things My Children Say


This the last picture in this series on the fourth of July, none of the others are in focus. Oh well, will have to learn how to take a decent shot in the next life. This one did cause me to laugh, because they became less tolerant with every shot. 


-As we were driving home from Costco Ben says, "I'm going to live in that big wood house right there!"  Our Costco is in Vail and the home is well over a million dollar home, so I'm loving his ambition.
Marin says, "I'm going to live in that house."
Ben gets so excited and says, "You want'a live with me Marin!"
Marin says, "No."
Ben, "Marin, you said that you would marry me if I went on a mission!"
Marin, "Ben I'm not going to marry you and I'm not living in the same house as you."
Sam chimes in, "I don't think you can marry your brother? Mom, can you marry your brother?!"
They didn't know Steven and I were listening, they are so funny. Poor Ben was sad. He is the sweetest boy, I wanted to tell him I would live with him . . . but I left it.

-I was walking past Ben's room into the bathroom the other day and I hear Ben talking to himself.
"Mom, boys just do stuff you know. Like toot and pee on things. Boys are just like that."
Umm, well I'm not sure what he was rehearsing for and I hope not to find out.

-Steven got me a treadmill for Christmas and one day I was running on it when Marin says, "Mom you don't need to exercise you are perfect."

Elsie was playing with the hitch on Steven's truck and Steven had asked her many times not to, finally Steven told her she was naughty. Elsie said, "Oh, I sorry." It was funny because we didn't know she knew this word.

First Day of School 2012

All the kids are now in school I took this picture of them on my front porch on Monday. Where does time go?! Ben looks like he is 10 and every time I look at Marin I think I am looking at myself! After they left on Monday Steven got it in his head that he wanted to clean the garage. As we were cleaning it out Elsie was playing with the broom and I said with tears in my eyes, "What would life be like if we didn't have Elsie?" Steven replied, "Quite." Ummm not the response I was looking for Steven, but then again, I think I would have six and Steven would have had three, so maybe four is our number.

No comments: