Monday, March 7, 2011

Marin

Marin had a big week last week. She got to be in a Wax Museum at school and was Harry S. Truman. She did a very good job. This picture made me laugh because I did think she looked a little like President Truman. Marin is a very good student. She is a very hard worker and I love to see all of the funny things she comes up with. Her stories are particularly funny! Here is an example.




The Ship
One day there was a girl. What are you doing? I am making a boat. A boat! You can't make a boat. Oh yes I can make a boat. Lunch will be ready in a minute.
Lunch is ready! I made my boat. I am coming. Does that look good? Yes! I love the boat! And I love you.


It's funny because I can see Marin playing and actually having this conversation with herself.

She also had the second grade musical. We are very lucky to live where we have specials at school like music, PE, computer lab, art and captain character that teaches them about having values. I am sure you might be thinking, that's normal, I have found in a lot of schools it's not. This musical was so funny and fit Marin to a T. It was about making Lemon aid when life gives you lemons. All of the children were nursery rhyme characters who had sad stories. Marin tends to be our "Debby Downer" and we like to tease her all the time. She is a good sport about it most of the time.


No comments: