We actually took a trip to Utah the other week. My mother came for Samantha's recital and took the girls home for a few days until I came out and got them. It so nice to just have Ben for a few days. Ben was running a fever at night but seemed fine during the day so we left on Tuesday morning. It wasn't a pleasure trip . . . it was just me and the kids and I had a list of thing I had to get done in a short amount of time.
Tuesday Afternoon we went over to Aunt Kiley's and played
Tuesday Night I went to Macey's in search of cheap grocery's at their summer case lot sale
Wednesday Early Morning I had to go back to Macey's to get some great buys that didn't go on sale until in the morning
Wednesday Morning we all went to the dentist
Wednesday Afternoon Aunt Stacy came down and we played with her during the day
Thursday we went to the Zoo
Thursday Late Afternoon after the Zoo I had to drive to downtown Salt Lake and find our supplier's warehouse to grab a spa cover and other oddities for Steven. Oh that was fun.
Thursday Evening I dropped my kids off at my parents and went and met with my accountant for an hour.
Thursday Night I went to Costco to get Morning Moo for a GOOD friend (WHERE I saw President Bates!!!! Shook his hand and he asked how I was doing!!! (If you don't know who President Bates is . . . then you are just SOL.) When I came home I heard that Marin had hide from my mother for over 45 min. and caused her to cry and almost call the police. Needless to say Marin was in big trouble and I knew I couldn't leave them the rest of the trip.
Friday we went to Cabala's to get a seat cover for one of the work trucks. Then we went and played with Aunt Stacy again and she kindly watched my children while I went to Tia Pan (I tried to be good there knowing I was going to Leslie's the next weekend and wanted to save my green for JCREW, yes that post will come.)
Friday Night I went to the temple while my mother-in-law watched the kids. (I hadn't been so long I am embarrassed to tell you my friends.)
Saturday Morning cousin Chloe was baptised and confirmed.
We left for home straight from the baptism! I was so tired I had to stop and get a Red Bull to even make the five hour trip home.
5 comments:
Even though you say it wasn't a pleasure trip it sounds like you got some pleasure out of some of the things you did. Glad you were able to come out for a week. Sometime when you come out again we should get together. I can't even remember the last time I saw you!
my goodness you were busy! Glad you're back.
That was a busy trip! I wish I had been more "together" with the three kid thing happening to see you at the baptism. I'm so glad to hear you were able to stock up on some groceries! You need to tell me when you come down so you can get the deals...I'm thinking with all the things you had to pick up did you have to drive diesel truck home?
you are hilarious! I love going to Utah, it sounds similar to our trips there too. Too much to get done and see and BUY! I pray they put a tai pan in Twin, cute pictures of the kids!
So fun to see you Grandparents. They look amazing and by the way so do you!
Post a Comment